Street corn dip with seasoned beef, fresh veggies and herbs is everything you love about classic Mexican street corn…in an easy dip! Serve with corn chips and tortillas – plus leftovers are great second day as a taco filler.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ of an onion chopped
- Olive oil or any neutral oil
- 1 jalapeno
- ¼ cup pickled red onion chopped
- ¼ cup Mama Lil pickled peppers chopped (or other fresh pepper - like a jalapeno)
- 4 ears of corn - grilled
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup real mayo
- 1 juice of a lime
- 3 cups Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla Chips for serving
Seasonings & Herbs
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- ⅓ cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. Tajin Seasoning
- ½ tsp. Salt
1. Preheat the grill to medium. While the grill is preheating shuck your fresh ears of corn and drizzle with oil and salt.
2. When the grill is hot add your corn and jalapeno to the grill and occasionally turn to roast until brown on all sides. Remove corn from the grill and set aside to cool.
3. Add oil and raw onions to a cast iron skillet, place on the grill and cook until soft.
4. Add uncooked beef to the pan and using the back of a wooden spoon break up the meat and cook until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are tender. Drain excess grease and return meat and onions to the cast iron pan. When the corn has cooled, cut the corn from the cobs and chop the roasted jalapeno. Season beef with chili powder. Add chopped Mama Lils, jalapeno, roasted corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh cilantro leaves, garlic powder, tajin seasoning, salt, half of the shredded cheese, mix well and return to the grill.
5. Heat corn and beef mixture over medium heat, frequently stirring until hot.
6. Mix in juice of a half of a lime.
7. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese on top and grill with the lid closed for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden. Remove from heat and sprinkle some cilantro on top.
8. Serve dip hot - immediately with tortilla chips or corn chips.