Don’t sleep on these delectable nuggets!
Think: Hamburger and sweet potato fries, Whole30 style and appetizer size.
Dress them up to be burger ‘pops’ on toothpicks for a fun holiday appetizer, dunk them in secret sauce, or just make these burgers ‘cute’ for your family dinner.
- 1 pound Country Natural Beef Butcher's Blend Ground Beef
- 2 cups of shredded sweet potato (box grater works best)*
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp sparkling water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
*If you use a food processor be sure to run through the sweet potatoes with a knife too to ensure it’s small enough to easily incorporate into the meat.
- Remove the Country Natural Beef ground beef from the fridge to come towards room temperature for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Gather your ingredients and burger toppings, get creative and use what you have.
- In a large bowl combine the Country Natural Beef, shredded sweet potato, spices, almond flour, and finally, sparkling water. Mix the combination together gingerly - carefully mixing well without overworking the meat.
- The sparkling water works to add moisture while preventing it from getting dense when cooked.
- Form into even, slightly flattened round patties, approximately 1 ½ inches in diameter which should yield between around 14 Hamburger Nuggets. Space them out on a parchment paper lined sheet pan and bake for 8-10 minutes, check them and bump to broil for 1 careful minute or 2 to get a little browning.
- Iceberg lettuce cups
- “Secret sauce” - ½ cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup ketchup, 2 tbsp pickle juice
- Arrange little iceberg lettuce cups on a platter and have your toppings chopped & ready.
- Once the Hamburger Nuggets are done, assemble them with their toppings.
- Place the Hamburger Nugget on the iceberg cup, top with your preferred sauce(s).
- For best execution, it is recommended to create a stack of the toppings, pierce them with a toothpick and then pierce the Hamburger Nugget through to the lettuce.