⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil, onion & garlic and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add celery and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes (add another tablespoon of olive oil if you need to).
- Once celery has cooked down, cook ground beef - drain excess grease.
- Add chicken broth and russet potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer until potatoes are soft, but firm.
- Meanwhile, in a high-powered blender, add cashers (drain first), almond milk, nutritional yeast and salt.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy (use spatula to scrape down sides several times) approximately 4 minutes.
- Once the broth has been simmering for about 10 minutes, add your cashew sauce and start stirring to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and continue stirring - soup will thicken after a couple of minutes.
- Taste and add additional salt, as desired.
Don't skip the toppings! Pickles, bacon bits or shredded cheese are optional, but we guarantee will bring the soup to the next level! Enjoy!
Recipe made in partnership with The Wooden Skillet