In 1976, ranchers Doc and Connie Hatfield knew there had to be a better way to deliver the naturally raised beef products that consumers wanted, and a better way for ranchers to remain economically and environmentally sustainable.
In 1984, they began working with a group of their ranching neighbors to produce naturally raised beef for the marketplace. The group agreed to form the consumer driven beef marketing cooperative — Country Natural Beef, which originally was comprised of 14 ranching families.
Today, Country Natural Beef, a trusted Oregon-based company, is one of the nation’s leaders in natural beef production. The cooperative now consists of nearly 100 family ranches across the American West. These families own more than 100,000 mother cows managed on millions of acres of private and public lands. And, they have developed important working relationships with leading restaurateurs and retailers across the nation. These ranches establish individual programs to fulfill Country Natural Beef’s high standards of environmental sustainability, practice “Raised Well” principles with their cattle and consistently provide superior tasting product.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Raised Well: Our cattle are humanely raised, consistent with Raise Well principles developed by Dr. Temple Grandin
- Graze Well: OCB ranchers each have environmental goals consistent with OCB standards for environmental sustainability.
- Family Owned Ranches: A co-operative owned and operated by Northwest family ranchers so you know where your food comes from.
- Non-GMO Finished: Our cattle are finished with Non-GMO feed.
- Antibiotic and hormone free.
- As a beef consumer you can expect the same superior taste experience every time.
- Country Natural Beef is a lean product without sacrificing flavor or tenderness.
For common questions you can visit our Frequently Asked Questions